I made the mistake of signing with this company in November 2015. In November 2016, I received an email telling me that my contract would automatically renew in 15 days.

I sent an email to support telling them that I did not wish to renew. They complied, and sent the following response: (Thank you for contacting customer support for My Phone Support! As per your request, I have cancelled your extended monthly billing for your technical support service from My Phone Support. At the end of your plan's term on November 30, 2016, your service will expire and you will not be charged a renewal fee.) In January 2017, I received a "Thank you for your order" email and my account was debited $199.00.

In fact, I had not renewed my account with the company. They simply took it upon themselves to renew and illegally debited the credit card they had on file. I contacted them immediately and received acknowledgement that my issue had been resolved. I received a refund and at this point, I thought that my dealings with them were finished.

This morning, January 9, 2018, I received an email from them thanking me for choosing their service and telling me that my service would renew tomorrow. I immediately sent them a strongly worded email telling them not to renew, not to debit my account and not to harass me with phone calls or emails. They have responded with the following email: (Hello George, As per your request, I have cancelled your monthly subscription for technical support service from My Phone Support. At the end of the plan's term on 1/9/18 your service will expire and your account will not incur a renewal charge.) This is all well and good.

However, based on past experience, I will now have to be on the lookout for Service Renewal Reminders for January 2019. Once these people have your name on their books, they will keep sending renewal reminders every year, regardless of whether or not you had previously cancelled their service. If you happen to miss the reminder, they will debit the credit card they have on file for you. They are banking on you missing their renewal email every year.

Their business dealings are dubious to say the least. BEWARE.

Review about: My Phone Support Technical Support.

Reason of review: Problems with payment.

Comments