4.0

I was relieved to see a positive review below.I was afraid I'd been scammed somehow (which is why I came to this website), but so far, MyPhoneSupport also provided me with good service (for a price).

The conversion from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 was a bit rough. I had scheduled the now-"recommended" Windows 10 Update, but prior to the update, another Windows 10 update scheduling screen appeared, so I delayed the update in order to read about it and do any preparations for it, as I had heard lost files/data is common. Unfortunately, the original date of update was used, and I woke to having no email access. I called my ISP (Charter), but they were unable to help.

Internet access was working so I found the number for Microsoft's Tech Support Service (which is My Phone Support - I was a little skeptical at first because the MyPhoneSupport.com website came up instantly, with no warning from Microsoft that their tech support was going to be redirected). After about 2 hours on the phone, my email was restored and other problems cleaned up with the help of the MyPhoneSupport techs, however not all of my saved emails synced, so they are lost. So far, everything else seems to be right where it was under Windows 8.1. According to MyPhoneSupport techs, because I'd let a "friend" use my computer last summer (he visited sites I would never visit, and he does not use my computer as of August 22), a lot of adware had accumulated (1476 files) and I'm under the impression from MyPhoneSupport that this was what caused the problem with the email conversion (?!?).

It was recommended by MyPhoneSupport that I periodically (monthly) "tune up" (remove adware and defrag) my computer to prevent this. I used to have CC Cleaner or Uniblue, but had neglected to utilize these programs on my 2014 laptop. Despite the fact that some of these programs are free, I was desperate to get my email connection restored, so I agreed to a 2-year unlimited support service contract with MyPhoneSupport for about $360. I am not sure if this investment was necessary, but they fixed my email (which I also use for my small business, thus the urgency), and since I am not tech-savvy enough to know if their services are any higher-grade than what's available for free, I figure approximately $15 a month is reasonable.

I hope I have made the right decision.So far, no complaints about MyPhoneSupport.

Reviewer is in happy mood. fleisccg is quite happy with problem with email access resolved. Please contact the author of this review to discuss "email is back after windows 10 update" of my phone support technical support. My Phone Support needs to read this review and look into the issue (if any) according to poster's claims.

Other people also mentioned my phone support technical support in their reviews. You may find this information helpful for further shopping at My Phone Support.

Had an Experience with My Phone Support?

Comments

bobs2015
Saginaw, Michigan, United States #1108050

Actually, you are paying for something you do not need and which you can do for yourself for free.You use CCleaner which is good, but there are also many free anti-virus/malware programs out there like Malwarebytes, Superantispyware, and many others you can use regularly to keep your machine running well.

I recommend using Firefox with some of the free addons to block ads, bad sites, etc. Internet Explorer is junk and now that you have Windows 10, you will find yourself exposed to more bad stuff plus Microsoft has built in so much spyware for their own use that I cannot recommend anyone using Windows 10. Period. Windows 8 was junk, to be sure but the new Win 10 is really bad.

You fell for Microsoft's push to upgrade. Big mistake. Do some research about how to protect yourself and your computer by disabling some of the more obnoxious elements of Win 10. A good place to start is Myce.com which has articles on it.

Good luck.

But, you got scammed into buying something you do not need.What's with people buying all these "warranties" or "protection plans" anyway?

to bobs2015 Wisconsin, United States #1108333

I felt pressured and needed my email access which they did fix (although I lost a lot of saved emails).I realize there are other programs out there and that I could have done a lot, if not all of it, myself.

Maybe someday there will be a class action suit about all of this and I can recover some of my "investment." I agree that Windows 10 is being shoved down our throats, and it was under duress that I installed it (figured they'd never give up on pestering me about it). That's one of the reasons I posted here - to alert people to the Win 10 conversion issues, as well as to check up on their partner company, MyPhoneSupport. Thank you for the Win 10 research website information.

Warranties and protection plans are another type of insurance that they figure will never be used.Heck, I should start offering something like that in my own small business - easy money for the seller of them!